Sports

University Struggles to Defeat Central High School in Fall League Basketball Tournament 48-45
By, Shariff Cook


On October 10, University Played against Central High School at the JFK Recreation  Center. They managed to pull out the win against them after going into Overtime. Senior, Yusuf Goines led the Phoenix passed the Blue Devils with 19 points shooting at least 60% from the field. Freshman Justin Harcourt also chipped in a 8 points hitting 2 threes and making a lay-up. After the game we interviewed Yusuf and asked him “What made you guys manage to capture this win?” And he replied “Well to tell you the truth it was a team effort, even though we went into overtime, my team managed to control the tempo of the game and come through with the win.” Then we asked him “You shot excellent from the field today, could you tell us what made you have this type of game?” He said “Well my teammates hit me when I was open at the three and I focused a lot when shooting my mid-ranges.”  

Comments

  1. Good game guys keep the good work up ‼️‼️ Nice explanation ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article and details. Its Crazy how the central students jelled off me and said they won. I believed them too, they just hating on the flames.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment