Health & Beauty: Hair Tips

Grow Your Own Bundles
by, Destanie Jefferson-Lee

Photo: Google Images
You can grow your hair as long as you like. But, it's going to take some work.

Maintaining your hair is a lot of work, that is a fact! Whether your natural or not. Did the big chop or transitioning. Knowing your hair, listening to your hair, protecting your hair and being extremely patient are major keys in growth and strength.

Knowing Your Hair

A big factor in knowing your hair, is know your hair porosity.

“Hair porosity simply refers to your hair's ability to absorb and retain moisture, and here are three ways to determine where yours falls on the porosity spectrum: low, normal or high.” This is very important to know to get the right products needed for your hair.



Low porosity- doesn’t allow moisture in or out.

Normal- hair allows moisture in and holds for a good amount of time.

High porosity- allows moisture to absorb easily but also lost. A lot of products are needed to to lock in moisture.

Knowing your hair type is also important. What works for 3b hair will not, or may not work 4b/4c hair. Products you use, may not help with your curls. 



Protect Your Hair

Having protective styles are important to hair growth. Yes, leaving your hair out to breathe is also just as important. But sometimes, you need that break from doing your natural hair. It’s like having a hair vacation. 

Braids, weave, wigs, are great factors for giving your hair some time off and yourself a break. This can lead to some growth in your hair with the proper care. However, too much of a good thing isn’t a good thing. Do not get protective styles after protective styles for a long period of time. You hair needs some air, after being braided up for some time. Constantly having your hair in a protective style can sometimes lead to more breakage than growth.

Listen To Your Hair

No your hair cannot talk, however, but it can show you signs that it likes and does not like a product you're using. My advice is not not listen to everyone you watch on youtube or see on instagram because everyone's hair is different. Their hair may love castor oil but your may not. You can have test products to see if your hair responds nicely to it. You will know if your hair doesn’t like a product.

Care and Love Your Hair

It may take some time to getting used to whether you did the big chop or transitioning. Don’t compare your hair to the next person. Have a wash day. Beginning, middle or end of the week. Treat your hair like you treat your body.

Be Patient With Your Hair

If you constantly waiting to see growth, you won’t see it. Don’t rush the process because you can’t be patient. Biotin, like the Mane Choice, Hair Infinity, Gummy Bear Hair, is okay to take. But the secret with biotin is that your hair cells is constantly dividing, all biotin does is help stop the breaking which can look like it’s helping your hair grow.

My Hair Testimony:



August 2, 2017  vs. February 5, 2018

I did my big chop July 16, 2017 however, cutting it by myself was a bad idea. So I did a bigger chop. I went to a barber shop and cut if off really low August 2, 2017. I felt like a little boy. But I had confidence. I looked up all the tips for my hair, that I am sharing with you guys. I did everything a hair guru did. 

As my hair grew slowly forming into 4B curls, my hair started talking to me. Oil would sit on top of my hair, that’s when I realized I had high porosity hair. Finally knowing and understanding that was a huge accomplishment for my hair growth. I found out my hair has to be wet to take in oil and i need a moisturizing cream for it to be soft. My hair showed me it she didn’t like coconut oil. Like at all. It took some time for me to know all the information I know about my hair. Yes I watch Youtube still to learn hacks and more about my specific type of hair and yes I still try to do the things they do. There is nothing wrong with that, but I don’t force anything upon my hair. If I don't have a great outcome with a remedy I learned from a hair guru, I won't try it again. 

I’m still learning about my hair. It’s 6 months and 2 weeks since my “bigger chop” and I love my hair. I even named her noodles. I do wear wigs but I let my hair breath for 2-3 days before I put a wig on again. Even with me wearing a wig, I still do my wash day once a week. It is about loving your hair, being kind to him or her and waiting. Because believe it or not you too can grow bundles from your own scalp. Just not over night though! 

Comments

  1. Thanks for the hair tips Destanie, I'm astonished at your hair growth! Its like it grew before my eyes. I'll be sure to take these tips into consideration when buying products and deciding whats best while tending to my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I can't wait until you write more and if you come up with any great oil mixtures or as list of your favorite products. And the shrinkage is real!!! Your growth is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very surprised at your hair growth. Maybe I'll try these tips, Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Properly, Im shocked you all left the very additional greatest one for
    me.? Daddy mentioned with a teasing smile. ?It?s
    that he despatched Jesus to die for us and provides us life forever
    and ever and that due to that well be a family in heaven for millions of years.
    That?s pretty good isnt it? Visit:- Rejuvalex Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Online Fashion Store

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was searching for the best hair styles and i found you blog quite interesting. i mostly like the part that video that you shared above about (How To Find Out Your Hairs Porosity) that is cool i love long hairs but from few months I am losing my hair and now i am taking PRP Treatment in India,because of Vitamin B deficiency i am suffering from this, I suggested you all have fish, meat, starchy vegetables in your meal and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great health care tips! Using a warm, natural oil in your hair can do wonders for scalp health, hair health, and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Thanks for sharing Health Care Tips. I recommend you buy organic healthy product from healthy-finds and get $20 Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog. For keeping hair healthy avoid chemical added products. These products damage your hair and it also increases hair fall problem. So, try to use natural or herbal hair oil.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that we're getting somewhere, take a look at the amazing ideas in relation to Botox treatment. I might want to get rid of their stress. In this post, I'm going to discuss about this in regard to Joyelle Derma Cream. First of all, "As soon as man is born he begins to die." I imagine Anti Aging could be actually cool. Actually that is not really correct at all. There are several brand spankin' new misguided opinions in that sphere. That is how I like to do things if I have the time. >>https://www.healthstrikes.com/joyelle-derma-cream

    Nerotenze Testosterone

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing such a useful information.
    What we like most about Better Way Health is that they only offer supplements of the highest quality - those that have passed their standards of Purity, Potency, and backed by Published scientific studies.

    Why We Recommend Better Way Health For You

    ReplyDelete
  12. Below are the few tips for your hair to grow it fast

    Healthy and balanced diet
    Scalp massage
    Trim your hair regularly
    Don’t wash too often
    Don’t brush too often
    Lower your stress levels
    Switch your pillows
    Use supplementation
    Try natural hair packs
    Protect your hair from sun
    Condition regularly
    Drink plenty water
    Dont use towel wrap
    Hot oil massage
    Rinse it with vinegar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elemor is a wrinkle cream new to the market that gives the user a lot of advantages. According to the manufacturer, the product is meant for use by people who want to get rid of any aging signs in their skin. The anti wrinkle cream might claim to help users in getting rid of wrinkles, dark spots, discoloration, fine lines on the skin and more to give them a young look and confidence. Kindly Visit on http://www.theapexhealth.com/elemor-advanced-anti-wrinkle-cream-reviews/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here are a few best health care tips that can help you live a life a lot more healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keeping your hair well is very useful for us. This hair crowns us as women, the beauty of hair must be owned by all women. Hair that looks beautiful when viewed from afar is not necessarily without problems. Because over time, the hair can become dry, fall out, or branch. Sunlight, climate, and pollution are thought to contribute to hair changes and damage. So this article is very useful for me, thank you. Visushaarkliniek.nl

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Many of us lose hair rapidly which can cause hair thinning or baldness. Major issues can be avoided by taking the right steps in a timely manner. Best Ways to Treat Hair Fall

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you want to know how professional hair loss treatment, this topic is for you. How do you treat Hair Loss & How Hair Transplant Works?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hair vitamins

    If you are looking at the best natural hair vitamins product for your hair loss treatment, then we provide the best natural hair loss prevention vitamins. Get the best vitamins for thinning hair and hair growth.

    to get more - https://www.maximusvita.com/en/content/4-about-us

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment