Senior Athlete Spotlight: Clinton Adu-Agyei




Clinton Adu-Agyei is Winning the Race

By: Dwight Ankle

University High School is home to some of the best student athletes in the city of Newark. Clinton Adu-Agyei is one of those outstanding athletes. He is a great student academically and even a greater athlete on the track. Clinton is even in the running for “Best Athlete” in the senior yearbook. I had the chance to link up with Clinton and ask him a few questions regarding his future plans, influences, his goals as an athlete, and how he feels about possibly being one of University's best athletes.

Clinton decided to run track because his best friend Prince Abimah convinced him to join to the team. Since then, he's been running for three years. Clinton is a captain of the track team, a 100m, 200, and 400m runner. He is also a sectional champion.

Clinton had this to say when I asked about his track experience, “ I like the 100m because I have a lot of success in it. I think my fondest memory was when I won sectionals. A personal goal of mine is to complete a race in under 11 seconds in the 100m race and win sectionals for a second time.”

I also asked Clinton if he plans to run in college or in the future. His response was a follows:

“Yea I wanna play both sports(soccer and track) but if I cant I'm  gonna stick with whatever offers me the most money to play. To be honest when I first started track it was fun but then I realized I could actually go to college for this, then I got serious and stopped messing around.”

Clinton Adu-agyei has a promising future ahead of him. He is a great athlete in both track and soccer.  He is a determined athlete who laughs in the face of challenges that comes his way.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed this article knowing how fun the track life could be, & having my experience of running track with Prince and Clinton freshmen year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment