Senior Athlete Spotlight: Teresa Ortiz



by, Majid Johnson





The student athlete I decided to interview is ‍Teresa Ortiz. she plays basketball here at University High School. Teresa is one of the starting five for the Lady Phoenix. She's the shooting guard. Teresa has had a great final season as a Lady Phoenix. In the 2017-2018 season, Teresa has made 73 3-point shots. This stat along with her overall game put her in the running for NJ.com's Top Senior athlete (female) in the state. The girls are still competing for the state title they're one game away from winning it all. So I had to catch up with her in while she was getting warmed up for a game.


How does it feel to be a sectional champ for the 3rd time in a row?

"I'm actually used to it now. We had a great team every year I played and we just ate."

How many points did you score last game against Arts?

"I had 18."

Is it hard to keep a high scoring average every game?

"I wouldn't say it was hard or easy. Ill just say that hard work pays off."

How many 3-pointers have you made in your entire career?

"In the 3 years I played I made 195 3- pointers."

Has your overall performance increased since your 1st year?

"Yes it has, I played a total of 82 games, Last year I made more 3s and had 43 more points then I had this year. Other then that my assists grew steadily every year."

How did it feel to score 1000 points?

"It was a great achievement, that I am proud to say I accomplished, I did it for everyone who believed I could do it."



Comments

  1. Love the article, I shared it to twitter also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article and Congratulations Teresa on the 1000 points

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article congrats teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting questions, and congrats to Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article, keep being the amazing basketball player you are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment