Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Ruesta

A Teacher Beyond Limits

By: Shardea Armstrong




In a interview with one of the most well liked english 4 teachers, Susan Ruesta gives incite on her feelings about being an educator and her students. Despite popular opinion, that an abundance of education obstacles are provided by her I can only assume Mrs. Ruesta tries her best make sure our senior class fully understands the information provided to us, this can not be done without a sufficient amount of in and out of school activities to guide us.

Why did you start teaching?

"I’ve always loved literature. When I went back to school after a long career in Corporate America, I decided I wanted to teach English so I enrolled in the teaching program and loved it."


Do you enjoy being an educator?

"Being an educator is one of the hardest careers one can pursue but I️ absolutely love that every year I get a new batch of students with different ideas and passions."


What is your opinion on this years senior class?

"This senior class is a great group of young adults. They are smart, kind, and funny. I am lucky to be their last English teacher in high school."


Out of all the senior classes you have taught which did you like the most & why?

"It’s hard to say because all of the classes I have taught have left some kind of impact. The classes that I hold dear to my heart are 2009, 2016, and 2018."


What have you learned about students in your career?

"I’ve learned that students will rise to the occasion when you set the expectations high."


What advice would you give to the upcoming graduates?

"Have fun but don’t lose sight of leaving high school at your best academically."

Words from a passionate educator who is happy to say she has been apart part of the growth in so many students. It is wonderful to see that we still have teachers who enjoy helping our young minds to grow and someday be successful. I am proud to say our favorite english enjoys our company as much as we hers. Round of applause to Susan Ruesta.

Comments