Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Stacy Coppola



Photo: Majid Johnson 

Mrs. Coppola, Making History "Cool" Again

by, Majid Johnson

Mrs. Coppola is the best teacher at University High School. Relax folks this is just my opinion. Now, I say this because she has steadily been my teacher since freshman year. Partly because I always made sure she was my history teacher. If my schedule didn’t have her on it I got it changed immediately. Every year. (Don't tell anyone.)

She just has a creative way of teaching that always keeps me focused. Even when I didn’t feel like it, she always gets me to do work.

Ms. Coppola is my favorite teacher because we used to do a lot of discussions in her class that would enable me to understand the work completely. So in her class I never get lower than a 85%. I also find Coppola funny as hell humorous. Since my first year at University I would always find her jokes hilarious. Ms. Coppola is also generous to her students & she cares about us. I say this because she actually lets us make up work for a better grade. I know that she doesn’t have to do but she does. She even puts in an extra grade if I ask for it, if my grade is close to and A-(88 or 89). Don't try this-- she only does this for me.

I also always put my juice in Coppola’s fridge everyday, even if she’s not there. It’s just became a routine that I’m used to. Most teachers won't let you do that but Coppola is cool so she understands that we need to stay hydrated too.

This year I have Coppola in the middle of the day, so once I leave her class the day feels like it’s over. I'm always excited to go to her class after Rampton (Gym Teacher). The only problem I ever give Coppola is me being on my phone, and I actually stopped being on my phone in her class because I know she hates that.

She gives me a certain look every time she catches me -- it reminds me of my mother. Or she’ll say out loud, “Hold on class let’s wait for Majid to finish texting.” and that makes me laugh every time. So, I just put my phone away.

For this and so much more, Coppola is my favorite teacher. And I felt that if anybody needed to be  included in the Teacher Spotlight she did.

* If you think a teacher should be featured in our Phoenix Flame Teacher Spotlight feature, email the Journalism Teacher Ms. Jones at: teachjones22@gmail.com *

Comments

  1. Coppola was one of my favorite teachers..great article

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved how Coppola taught history

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ms Coppola excellent article lol that’s my sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! U r so funny (:
    -Tysaiah

    ReplyDelete
  6. She’s my favorite! Loved ms. Coppola class since I first took it great class, great teacher, great article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this article is good and def relatable being I have Ms.Coppola as a teacher as well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment