Senior Athlete Spotlight: Danielle Robinson



By: Dominique Joseph






As you all know, girls basketball is big here at University. We have a phenomenal record of 28-2 and are undefeated in our conference.

Danielle Robinson has been a huge asset to the team. She is one of the many reasons the Girls' Basketball Team is one game away from playing for the state championship. She plays the leadership role very well and is looked up to by the underclassmen on our team.
As the starting point-guard guard, Danielle is also the coach on the court. She admits that playing this position can be overwhelming at times. She says it's hard knowing that the pressure is always on her. Danielle is held accountable for whatever goes right and wrong on the court.

Averaging 15.0 ppg is great for a player like Danielle who is surrounded by a team full of scorers.
She has accomplished many goals this season. One in particular is when she scored her 1,000 point goal during the Christmas Tournament.
As her teammate and close friend, I can tell you that Danielle has hundreds of college of offers. Even though she's swimming in offers, she's still undecided. She's weighing her options very carefully about where she'll be continuing her education both off and on the court. Danielle plans to make her  decision soon.
During our sit down, I asked Danielle what inspires her the most and she replied, “My teammates inspire me and push me to go harder because I know I cannot let them down.” 

Her response demonstrates why she's our team captain.

Danielle admits she was “overwhelmed at first," before starting her final season.  However, once the season got going I felt more comfortable.”

Danielle shared with me that she often gets nervous before every game no matter why we're competing against. She jokingly confessed that in order to get rid of her nervousness, she has to handle her business in the restroom. Then she's ready to handle her business on the court.


Comments

  1. Very well put together, felt like I got a real glimpse into her thoughts for her final year of playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so proud of her! I like the way you added a serious yet funny vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on Danielle being one of the top seniors in the state. Great Article

    ReplyDelete
  4. great article, congrats to Danielle I hope she makes the right decision on where to continue her education

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment