Senior Athlete Spotlight: Ike Harcourt


by, Malaysia Cotton


I wanted to take the time out to interview Ike Harcourt one of Universities senior athletes. The season is almost over and of course, this is the seniors last year. Getting to know Ike true feelings and outlook on the not only his current season but his overall feelings on basketball as well.

Ike has played on the court all four years of high school. Which is why, some the first question that had been asked of Ike was,

“How was your experience of playing basketball all four years? Do you think your talent in basketball has decreased or increased?and why? “

Ike’s Response was

“Playing basketball all four years has been fun, it is something that I have always wanted to do since I was ten so there was passion in it. I feel my skills in basketball has definitely increased over time because each year gave me more time to practice.”

Everyone knows, in order to have a good team and to play well everyone must have good sportsmanship., which lead me to the question “ What is your relationship like with the other boys on your team? “

Ike says “My relationship with my teammates is very good. It’s like a brotherhood. On and outside of the court”

I then followed up with the question “Do you plan on playing in college?”

‘Yes I do plan on playing in college, as I said, basketball has been something I have wanted to do since i was ten years old. Not only that, but basketball has been something that has been in my family for a long time. One of the reasons why I have passion for it. I guess it run is the genes.”

Lastly, since Ike will be graduating soon. I thought it was important to ask him what is some advice he would like to give to the underclassmen / uprising basketball players some advice that they should know and take heed to.

“The upcoming basketball players should play as a team. That is one of the ways the team this year lacked in. Play as a team and remember to play as a team.”

Ike Harcourt, just as the other players worked hard and put his last blood, sweat and tears out on the court. It was a pleasure getting to know Ike’s personal feelings and view on his overall experience. I have faith he continue to keep up this hardwork and dedication as he is about to proceed to college.

Comments