Senior Athlete Spotlight: Tyonnah Yarell



by, Ikea Greene


Photo: Courtesy


After stalking Tyonnah for a couple of days I finally got the chance to interview her about her life as a University High School Cheerleader. Many of you may think that cheerleaders are not as athletic as other athletes, but I guarantee you that they work just as hard as everyone else. As a matter of fact, I would argue that they work even harder. 

Tyonnah has been cheering for some years now and that girl has talent. Cheering isn't all about hyping up a crowd or competition, the best part about cheering is meeting new people. I asked Tyonnah to share her opinions and some of her experiences due to her cheer life. 

Here are her thoughts:
What motivates you to cheer ?
“What motivates me to cheer is my cheer sisters and brothers. It's like every time we get together we always have fun no matter if it's good or bad we always make one another feel better."

Did you ever feel like you wanted to give up?

“When I first started cheering I wanted to give up because I didn't know any of the cheers and they were very complicated. Other times, I wanted to give up was when I couldn't understand or get the cheer everyone else had already mastered.”

How many cheers do you know?
“I know more than 25 cheers, cheering is my sport.”

What is you favorite memory while cheering?

“While it's not a favorite memory but the best thing about cheering is meeting new people and building a relationship. I love to meet new people.”

Will you continue to cheer in college?

“Yes. I'm cheering in college and I also have a scholarship for cheering.”


Congratulations to Tyonnah for mastering cheerleading so much so, she received a college scholarship. Keep the good work up! Your school is proud of you for not giving up, even when there were obstacles in your way.







Comments

  1. Congratulations tyonnah, i love you dearly and will definitely miss you! Do great out there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment